Transaction diligence and advice
What we do
If you are considering a transaction, due diligence and advice will help you cover the risks and protect your interests. We execute thorough analyses to cover these risks, and advise you on how to mitigate them.
We advise you in tailoring the scope of the work to be done, based on the specific context of the situation. We work closely together, communicating potential issues as soon as we encounter them, and changing our approach on-the-go if needed. We give a clear opinion based on the results of the analyses we've done. We integrate data analytics if and where relevant to maximise efficiency and provide additional insights and prepare an interactive dataset. We liaise with your tax advisors or integrate work done by our partnering tax due diligence provider to ensure all relevant matters are covered.
When relevant to you
Typically we can assist you in the following domains:
- We perform buy-side due diligence on M&A acquisition targets, also providing support for the SPA and closing accounts.
- We perform vendor due diligence, providing an independent report on which your potential investors can rely.
- We can execute various financial analyses and specified procedures to support decision making or settle disagreements.
- Independent business reviews to review the financial position of a company in light of debt refinancing.
- We can prepare a carve-out of a business unit, building pro forma accounts in line with the scope of the transaction.
Exit readiness and preparation for sale
What we do
Businesses are often poorly prepared and by the time this is identified it is too late to have a significant impact on the value of the company in the context of the sale. Therefore, ideally 18 – 24 months ahead of the transaction we can help you identify and implement activities that will considerably increase the value of your business. Closer to the transaction there are usually less options available, but even then we can help you tailor the business information to potential buyers and articulate the key value drivers to increase the attractiveness.
We generally work in 4 phases:
- Assessment of exit readiness, valuation today and value optimisation potential, and definition of exit strategies.
- Identify opportunities to enhance value (e.g. fiscal and working capital optimisation), better present and articulate the value of your company (e.g. clarify historical financial figures and define a clear business plan).
- Implementation and follow-up of the action points defined until the start of the sales process.
- Assist you in the vendor process through:
- preparation of a vendor document incl. the equity story ;
- estimation of the intrinsic value of the business;
- preparation of a vendor assistance report or vendor due diligence report;
- support you in dataroom management, question & answer processes, expert meetings and negotiations.
When relevant to you
Typically we can assist you, ideally, when you reflect on selling your business in the coming years, but also when preparing for a sale in the months to come. We prefer to perform the assessment approx. 18 to 24 months ahead of the transaction as this will allow time for the implementation of actions that will significantly increase the value of your business.