What we do
Both listed and privately held companies use our services to get insight in the value of an asset or business. We value all types of businesses and assets except for pure real estate. For specialist real estate advice we team up with the advisor of your choice or one of our trusted advisors.
We not only distinguish ourselves in the market through our profound expertise, but also through our pragmatic approach. We always try to harmonise the right valuation techniques with common business sense. A valuation is more than mathematics. Different valuation methods will be considered dependent on the subject asset and / or business.
When relevant to you
Typically we can assist you in the following domains:
- We perform independent value and fairness opinions for regulatory purposes, minority transactions and transactions between family members or otherwise related parties.
- We produce valuation estimates of economic losses in the context of disputes.
- We determine the fair market value of intangible assets (e.g. brands, client relationships, technology, etc.) and businesses in the context of corporate (re)structurings.
- Through valuation advice we can support you during the M&A process, both at vendor and buyer side.
- We support you in the valuation of your business in a scale-up phase.
- We perform Purchase Price Allocation exercises and impairment testing in relation to both local and international accounting standards.
- We can assist with strategic valuation advice evaluating the value impact different strategic choices might have on your business.
Business & financial modelling and model reviews
What we do
Financial models can be used to support your more critical business decisions. We organise your data and provide you with simple insights on complex business issues. We always make sure to provide the right balance between the required level of detail and the needed pragmatism.
Most models we build are made in excel and are made for your specific needs only. We not only build models but also review existing models for their arithmetical accuracy, internal consistency and consistency with all relevant documentation.
We use a multi-stage approach to develop business and financial models and support your decisions. Our models use the FAST modelling standard but often deviate from the latter for reasons of user friendliness and client specific needs. We always aim for the right balance between pragmatism and the required level of complexity. Our model reviews in principle require three iterations and focus on the important elements. We distinguish between "must have" changes and "nice to have" changes.
When relevant to you
Typically we can assist you in the following contexts:
- Bid models are financial models constructed for tender procedures or M&A transactions.
- Feasibility models are typically built in the planning phase of a project balancing estimated costs and revenues. They help to determine the feasibility of a project and serve as a communication tool between stakeholders.
- Scenario modelling often forms the basis for investment appraisal or corporate decision-making in the context of the launch of a new product, market or in general a change in strategic direction.
- Fiscal models are made in detail and quantify the impact of the fiscal (re)structuring you envisage and provide you with better insight on the decision you take.
- Do you want an audit on your financial model in the context of a M&A or project finance transaction, or just for internal audit purposes? A model audit provides a review of the model’s logic, its consistency with financial and contractual documentation and with local GAAP and tax, and a sensitivity review.