Exit readiness and preparation for sale
What we do
Values in a sales process are often Under pressure for different reasons. The growth story may not be rigorous, the performance track record and historical figures unclear, low hanging fruit is not being optimised and you might carry the legacy of a complex corporate structure. Businesses are often poorly prepared and by the time this is identified it is too late to have a significant impact on the value of the company in the context of the sale. Therefore, ideally 18 – 24 months ahead of the transaction we can help you identify and implement activities that will considerably increase the value of your business. Closer to the transaction there are usually less options available, but even then we can help you tailor the business information to potential buyers and articulate the key value drivers to increase the attractiveness.
We generally work in 4 phases:
- Assessment of exit readiness, valuation today and value optimisation potential, and definition of exit strategies.
- Identify opportunities to enhance value (e.g. fiscal and working capital optimisation), better present and articulate the value of your company (e.g. clarify historical financial figures and define a clear business plan). Define the necessary actions linked to these opportunities.
- Implementation and follow-up of the action points defined until the start of the sales process.
- Assist you in the vendor process through:
- preparation of a vendor document incl. the equity story and well prepared financial figures;
- estimation of the intrinsic value of the business;
- preparation of a vendor assistance report or vendor due diligence report, providing detailed insight into the key drivers and providing potential bidders comfort over the company and the rigourness of the sales process;
- support you in dataroom management, question & answer processes, expert meetings and negotiations.
When relevant to you
Typically we can assist you, ideally, when you reflect on selling your business in the coming years, but also when preparing for a sale in the months to come. We prefer to perform the assessment approx. 18 to 24 months ahead of the transaction as this will allow time for the implementation of actions that will significantly increase the value of your business.