Kristof Lybaert and Michael Bocken gave a workshop in financial modelling in cooperation with KMO Campus
The workshop was mainly oriented to corporate finance professionals. Although different data analytics tools are emerging, many of these are still banking on excel and today we still see many financial models built in excel. The focus of this course was on how to build a solid financial model in excel. Main take-aways of the course:
- Models are often too complex. Simplicity is key for a solid model.
- Modular build-up of financial models is crucial to keep flexibility.
- Distinguish input, formulae and output.
- Your model is going faster when modelling from inputs to outputs.
- Use standard (template) sheets ensuring a column represents always the same period.
- No category (11)